The agent based forest management engine.
The ABE forest management system is:
The concept is described in more details on the iLand wiki page: http://iland.boku.ac.at/ABE
The main classes of ABE are:
- Agent are conceptually forest managers that are responsible for a part or for the full simulated landscape.
- STP a STP object encapsulates a stand treatment program, that includes one or many forest management activities.
- Activity is a single management activity such as a thinning or a planting.
In addition, the API defines various helper objects:
- FMEngine is the main class of ABE. It provides methods to define agents, stand treatment programs, etc and methods to "manually" execute forest mangement
- Stand encapsulates a "stand" in the model. A landscape can have multiple stands (e.g., by providing a GIS layer).
- TreeList a collection of individual trees that are e.g. fetched from a specific stand